Looking after your home
This information has changed due to the covid-19 shutdown
Please see this page for details
We will work with you to make sure you feel safe in a Tāmaki Housing home and that it is in good condition. Call us straight away on 0800 521 555 if you need any repairs done.
Your tenancy manager is there to help, so if you have any questions or concerns about your house, please call.
Maintenance and repairs
If something at your property needs to be fixed, call us free on 0800 521 555 between 8.00am and 8.00pm, Monday to Friday. If your repair is urgent, including weekends and public holidays, you can still call us free on 0800 521 555.
Urgent repairs may be:
- Overflowing toilet or sewage problems
- Bad water leaks
- No power or water
- Electrical safety faults
- Broken windows or doors that affect the security of your home
- Stove not working
- Faulty smoke alarms (when no alarms, or only one, in the property is working)
Non-urgent repairs may be:
- Fixing door handles
- Oven light not working
- An element on the stove not working
- Painting inside the house
- Painting outside the house
We’ll aim to get these repaired as soon as possible and we will let you know when that will be.
- If you discover a gas leak, turn off all valves to gas appliances, if this can be done safely, and open windows and doors. If the smell persists, call 111 and go to a safe place outside the house.
If something at your property needs to be fixed, call us free on 0800 521 555 between 8.00am and 8.00pm, Monday to Friday.
Maintaining the backyard is your responsibitity
Mowing the lawn and berm (by the road) and weeding the garden is your responsibility and we ask that you make the time to look after these areas.
To assist you, there are free community e-lawn mowers and weed eaters around Tāmaki with community minded residents. All you need to do is arrange a collection time, write your details in the book and return the mower clean.
We recommend you talk with your tenancy manager before changing your backyard to make sure the changes are possible and will not cause
damage to the new home or its surroundings. Remember to keep yourself and others safe when using any power equipment.
E-mowers and weed eaters can be picked up from the following people:
- TEREMOANA: Ph: 020 4135 7883 17b Torrington Crescent Glen Innes
- JEAN: Ph: 0800 521 555
Contractors in your home
We employ contractors to do maintenance and repairs in Tāmaki Housing homes.
Contractors will call you to agree on a time to do non-urgent work. They will talk you through any safety precautions that are necessary while they are working and they will respect your privacy and treat your home and possessions with care.
It’s really helpful if you can make sure someone is at home at the time you arranged with a contractor. If you are not there then your repairs will be delayed and it will prevent the contractor from getting other work done on time.
Tāmaki Housing team members will visit your home regularly to check:
- If there are any tenancy issues
- The condition of the property
- The property continues to meet the requirements of the Building Act & fire safety regulations
- Smoke alarms are in place and working
Talk to your tenancy manager if you have any concerns. We will let you know when we are planning an inspection.